Revenge of the Shakespeare Hater

25 September 2009


A strange thing happened the other day at a restaurant I was eating out at. Munching at the delicacies laid out, I had kinda ignored the French-fries that came along with the other stuff. A boy-man came up, stood beside me and made a funny argha-ahem noise. When I looked up, he cocked his head at the other end of my table and moved his thumb in a look-there kinda obscene gesture. In turn, I raised both my eyebrows, stopped munching, questioning him with a you-talking-to-me look. (God! Had I done something weird again?) My eyes quickly darted around. Nah, all seemed well. The BM(boy-man) tilted his head and stared at the food. Now, I’ve always prided myself on understanding sign language but this wasn’t anything close. So, I asked BM what the matter was. He looked ruefully at my table, “you gonna eat all that?” Strange q. It took a minute to understand he expected a civilized reply from me. I yes-I-ammm..ed. He said, “well, you have an appetite, huh!” What a moron! Before I could um-hun, he said, “I don’t think you’re gonna be able to eat the FF, too. You’re gonna throw them away and I hate people wasting food when the rest of the population starves.” He made a grab for my precious FF and said, “there, lemme take care of that.” NOT SO FAST, MISTER! Gimme my food back! “hey hey hey!” goes the nincompoop, “what’s a little pack of fries to you?” Unbelievable. He also looked at me as if I was taking HIS food away from him. “Take it back for all I care!” said he. The kids at McD were watching me, the parents looked accusingly at me, too. Saying, “What’s wrong with you, man?” he walked away, leaving me with a torn pack of fries in my hand.

Before I could walk down to the counter and talk to the manager, my 15 year old nephew marched in and led me away. Yeah, 'twas a prank played by a pack of juvenile dolts. This was punishment, you see, for making him memorise entire passages out of Shakespeare’s plays for his exam.

I have forgiven him and his pals.

Of course, not a day goes by when i don't do a little ‘heh-heh-heh jig’ and rub my hands together in sheer, malicious pleasure, for special effects. If only the kiddo knew what’s in store for him around his next exam.

22 Comments, Opinions & What Have you!:

Anahat 9/25/2009  

I'm wondering what the punishment will be.
Crazy post bard.

Jaideep Sobti 9/25/2009  
This comment has been removed by the author.
S 9/25/2009  

I'd to word hard to find that hidden link to post a comment !

I'm with that 'boy-man' who teaches those Shakespeare teachers a lesson or two ;)

Enjoyed the post as much as you missed you FF !

Sourav...in love with me and life

BardSpeaks 9/25/2009  

@Jai: yeah! Took a break! See you mised me!

@Sourav: :D Man...I tell you! That neph didnt even lemme enjoy my junk food!

SiMbA tAgO 9/25/2009  

hey nice post...poor he....he doesn't know what he has in line for his next exams...true...

great

Ahahgshene 9/26/2009  

oh wow... your link is so hidden i also had a hard time trying to figure out where it was.

anyway, that boy is so RUDE! i mean, who does that!? there you were trying to eat in peace and then all of a sudden someone interrupts you with the whole starvation crap?!

that person needs to get an education

kaka 9/26/2009  

lol...but i love french fries a lot...:)....also long time since u posted...:)

P.S ; dont u have another nick....i find saying bard uncomfortable for some reasons ....:P

BardSpeaks 9/26/2009  

@ Abby: Nah, Abby! It's notlike that! I adore my neph & have practically brought him up! We have a crazy relationship. He's a good guy...just a typical teen!

@ Kaka: I don't have a nick...but you may address me as B! hope that made it easier!

Jaideep Sobti 9/26/2009  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arjun 9/26/2009  

Nice to see u posting again.....

Pranks..!! Silly guy.. :P

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Tim 9/27/2009  

Whadda prankster! You musta been knowcked out.

Shas 9/27/2009  

Even am wondering what you gave him in the exam.

Soin 9/28/2009  

this not bad.. we got a guy to give 50 paise to our school head girl and asked to ask her for marriage..free

Saad Shaikh 9/28/2009  

that was real crazy.. :P

Saad Shaikh 9/28/2009  

and yeah.. enjoyed reading this post.. lol.. :D

I'm lucky enough to not have been in such a situation.. :P

BardSpeaks 9/29/2009  

@Soin: That was BADDD!!!!

@Saad: Neph will never venture to pull my leg again for as long as we both shall live after I am through with him this term!

Pree-yea.... 9/29/2009  

WOW. You got pwnd!! :P

Wine and Words 10/03/2009  

I could feel my ire getting peeked...I was pissed off for you! Breathed a big sigh of relief when I found out you got punked! Thought I was gonna have to break out the boxing gloves and teach some manners over there...where ever...you...are!

Olive Oyl 10/05/2009  

revenge was sweet :p wonder what shall be yours.

Jaideep Sobti 10/09/2009  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose 10/24/2009  

lol!! You've got to admit though, it was a masterpiece of a plan *grin*

Anonymous 4/30/2011  

A good name is better than riches.

PageRank

My Google Pagerank

Google AdSense

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP